Monday, June 25, 2007

That Ain't Right

I can live with BJ Penn making $100,000 to Jens Pulver's $30,000, but I almost made pudding in my pants when I just read that popular UFC lightweight Leonard Garcia made $4,000 for his TUF 5 Finale win on Saturday over Alan "Monstah" Berube -- who made $8,000!

So let me see how this works: the first guy to get destroyed on the reality show and the instigator of the backyard brawl (who was later thrown out of the house) earns twice as much as a fighter who choked him out in the very first round of his very first UFC appearance? I was an English major, so I apologize for my remedial understanding of finances.

As a matter of fact, all of the TUF 5 guys (except Brandon Melendez, who didn't make weight) made at least twice as much as Garcia.

No comments: