Monday, August 6, 2007

Condit, Filho Leave WEC 29 as Champions


I'm over in Italy and am pissed that I didn't catch last night's WEC 29. At least I can watch it when I get home in a few days.

In the one of the night's headlining fights, Carlos Condit, a.k.a. "The Natutral Born Killer," finished off the always tough Brock Larson via an arm bar in the first round to retain his WEC welterweight championship.

In the other co-main event, former Pride middleweight stud Paulo Filho kept his undefeated record in tact after knocking out Canadian journeyman Joe Doerksen in the very first round and capturing the vacant WEC middleweight belt.

Unfortunately, Filho (WEC MW champ) and Black House teammate Anderson Silva (UFC MW champ) are very close friends and have said that they'd never fight one another. Our loss. Like I said, I haven't seen last night's fights, but if Filho is finishing people with his hands, you've got to consider him as one of - if not the - best in the world at 185.

For the full rundown of WEC 29, click here.

No comments: