Friday, August 17, 2007

Cote is Ready for Grove


"He’s a very tall guy, but I already fought a guy that tall before at 205 (Ricardeau Francois), so it’s not a big deal for me, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be stronger and more powerful than him. I can’t see him being strong at 185 being 6' 6". The most difficult thing is the height and to find a hole to go inside and do your stuff. But I have good training partners. I have a guy who is 6' 5" to train with, a very good Muay Thai guy, so I’ll be ready for this fight."

- UFC middleweight Patrick "The Predator" Cote

I was just reading a UFC.com article about Cote, and hearing that he's been training with someone around the same size as Kendall Grove makes this match much more interesting. Most of you probably aren't too fired up about Grove vs. Cote, but I think that it has the makings to be a very exciting fight. And think about it: why wouldn't you be rooting for some excitement from a couple of young middleweight contenders?

Grove's size is a problem for just about any 185-pounder, and he has demonstrated a punishing arsenal of knees and elbows from the clinch. Cote, who loves to let his hands go, believes that this is a must-win situation for his career with the UFC. His UFC 67 over Scott Smith was lackluster, but now that he's got a UFC win under his belt, I'm looking forward to a more spirited performance from The Predator.

No comments: