Monday, August 20, 2007

Kodiak MMAil

If you could be one fighter for a day, who'd you be and why?

Ross
(Long Island, NY)

Andrei Arlovski. Here's why:



Kodiak, you seem like a big Wandrlei Silva fan. Why not interview him?

Chute Box Fan
(Alpharetta, GA)

Good idea. Just get him on the phone for me, teach me Portuguese, and we'll be in business.


What's your favorite UFC division?

Double J
(Bushkill, PA)

Hmmm... The lightweight, welterweight, light heavyweight, and heavyweight divisions are all loaded, but right now, I'd say that I get most excited for the elite 205-pounders: Wanderlei Silva, Shogun Rua, Dan Henderson, Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson. Even Tito Otiz, love him or hate him, brings excitement to the Octagon.


Is Nick Serra really that crazy? I've seen him fight a few times down in AC (Atlantic City, NJ), and he always puts on a show. Is it an act? Did you really go to the movies with him?

TS
(Netcong, NJ)

Yes, we really did go see Superbad this past Friday. The Mad Monkey actually bought me my ticket, which was a cool thing to do, especially since we'd just met. Is he crazy? I don't think so. He's into his own thing, and he's very spirited about it. Plus, he loves to entertain the crowd at his fights. When we were talking about MMA and jiu-jitsu, the madness subsided, and Nick proved spoke very passionately about the fight game, which I admire. Overall, I'd say that Nick Serra definitely marches to the beat of his own drummer - only that his drummer is playing the accordion.


If you have a question or comment you'd like to share, I'm at thekodiak@kodiakmma.com. Be sure to include a name (any name) and where you're from.

No comments: