Thursday, August 16, 2007

Shogun Wanted Tito


The following quote from light heavyweight superstar Mauricio “Shogun” Rua has been translated from Brazilian MMA magazine TATAME:

"Usually, I do not choose an opponent, I am professional fighter and I fought against anyone when Pride use to choose and I do not have anger for any fighter. I know that it is a very brave choice to step into a ring and respect all the fighters, but if I could choose, I would choose Tito Ortiz. He said a bunch of crap about my country and me, and he said he would never, ever, lose a fight against a fighter from a third world country… Come on man, I find it so disrespectful! He’s also said that he wants to face me. When I met Dana White to sign the contract, he asked me who I wanted to fight, and immediately said that I wanted Ortiz, but Dana said that it couldn't happen, because he fought recently. I don’t have anything personal against Ortiz, but all those things that he said, motivated me to fight against him."

Wow.

No comments: