Friday, September 14, 2007

David Terrell Returns for UFC 78?


I was checking the MMAWeekly.com UFC 78 rumors page to see who (if anyone) is listed to fight Karo Parisyan (I was hoping that Hayato Sakurai's name would be there), and I was pleasantly surprised to see David Terrell vs. Ed Herman. I know nothing's been made official, but I'm already very excited to see Terrell, who's only 29, step back into the UFC middleweight division.

Terrell burst onto the scene in the UFC when he knocked out veteram Matt "The Law" Lindland just 24 seconds after the opening bell in their 2004 match. After that, Terrell lost a tough fight against Evan Tanner in a match for the vacant middleweight belt, and he most recently submitted Scott Smith via rear naked choke at UFC 59 (the same night that my man Nick Diaz lost to Sean Sherk, and Andrei Arlovski lost his belt to Tim Sylvia. Very distressing...).

Coincidentally, Ed Herman's most recent UFC victory came by submitting Scott Smith, also with a rear naked choke. Small world.

Word on the street was that Terrell would be coming back to the UFC as a light heavyweight, but I assume that his match with Ed Herman will be at middleweight. If anyone's heard otherwise, I'd appreciate the heads-up.

No comments: