Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lindland and Wolfpack Reload for Next Season


Top middleweight and IFL Portland Wolfpack coach Matt "The Law" Lindland recently spoke to MMA Weekly and discussed a few changes the team will be undergoing:

"I released my welterweight [Mike Dolce] and my light heavyweight [Aaron Stark], purely so they could get more match-ups and experience. So right now, we’re looking to fill those spots for next year. Again, I want to make clear that I only released them so they could get more experience, they could be back with the team next year, but for right now those spots are open.

"I’ve got some big news that I just can’t release, who my heavyweight is, until we get him on American soil and into the Team Quest gym training – but look for us to have the #1 heavyweight in the IFL next year. Ryan [Schultz, lightweight] and [middleweight Matt] Horwich will be in the [individual] Grand Prix [later this year], and they’ve secured their spots with their work ethic and everything, so we’re going to have a very strong team next year."

Big news about a heavyweight that is not on U.S soil and that can presumably wipe the floor with Ben Rothwell...hmmm...Fedor in the IFL?

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: