Tuesday, November 20, 2007

BJ Penn's Not Going Anywhere


"I don’t want to do the five fights a year thing for three years and then I’m done, like all these fighters have done. I want to do one to two fights a year for the next 10 years. I want to keep my name out there for the next 10 years."

It's cool to hear that BJ is committed to a fight or two for another 10 years, but he's not exactly one of those guys who's always climbing into the cage. In fact, he's never fought more than three times a year in his professional career, and he hasn't fought more than twice a year since beating Hughes for the welterweight belt back in 2004.

But as the old show business adage professes, "Always keep them wanting more." BJ is capable of putting on as good a show as anyone in the sport, and when you consider the potential match-ups that could be made for BJ at lightweight or welterweight, we'll always be wanting more from The Prodigy.

Read UFC.com's latest interview with BJ Penn.

No comments: