Friday, July 13, 2007

Joe Lauzon to Join BJ in Hawaii

Burgeoning UFC lightweight star Joe Lauzon has accepted an offer from BJ Penn to move to Hawaii and train with the Penn camp.

Joe says that his move to Hawaii will be done in stages. He plans "to take a week in August to see how things are out there, and as long as everything is cool, I’ll go back for two months from about the beginning of September to November."

After that, the Massachusetts native will return home for the holidays before heading back to Hawaii for the start of the new year.

"Ever since I got home from the show (TUF 5) every day I go to work I hate it. I’m ok with the job and there are good people there, but since I had to do nothing but train for a couple of months, it's killing me just being inside and not going and training. I got used to those double sessions every day and I feel that I could have done more. Every minute I sit at work is a moment I can’t train," says Lauzon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an opportunity that Lauzon would be crazy not to accept. As if moving to Hawaii isn't cool enough, he gets to train with BJ Penn. A dream come true.