Friday, July 13, 2007

Wanderlei Ducks No Man

A video posted by Wanderlei Silva on his official site disputes claims that he backed out a September fight with Chuck Liddell, the terms of which had previousle been agreed upon. The following responses have been translated from the video:

- "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time."

- "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosen to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true."

- "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

- "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."

No comments: