Monday, September 10, 2007

Patrick Cote Still Wants Terry Martin


"I just don’t like this guy. He has a big mouth. Terry Martin has said he’s the next big thing at 185 and that he will be champion. He thinks he has heavy hands because he knocked out Jorge Rivera. But if you watch that fight, you see Rivera was already off balance and he caught him. He’s a one-dimensional fighter. He doesn’t shoot for the leg; he tries to trap you against the cage. I can use my reach against him, and I have good footwork and hands. It will be a long night for him if he wants to try and trap me against the cage."

I'm still not quite sure what to make of two middle-of-the-pack middleweights trading barbs. Should I be excited for a Cote-Martin showdown? Both have new-found success at 185 lbs, and neither is really positioned for title contention. Either way, I'm always amused by fighters badmouthing one another.

To see what Martin had to say about Cote a few weeks back, click here.

No comments: