Thursday, October 11, 2007

Randy Couture Leaves the UFC


No, I'm not kidding.

UFC president Dana White issued the following statement, which I came across on UFC.com:

I’m not surprised at all by Randy’s decision. I talked to Randy several weeks ago and he said that if he couldn’t fight Fedor, then he has nothing left to prove in the sport of mixed martial arts. He has been doing a lot of acting, and I know he is in South Africa right now filming a movie. I think it’s a great move for Randy’s acting career to retire from fighting while he is on top. As we all know, Randy retired before. The landscape in MMA changes every day. So when he is ready to come out of retirement again, he is still under contract with me, and I’m ready to promote him.

Acting? Nothing left to prove?

You'll be hearing more from me about this...

No comments: