Monday, November 12, 2007

Tito Wants Rashad/Bisping Winner in February


UFC light heavyweight Tito Ortiz held an MMA seminar for young fighters this weekend in Edmonton, and the former UFC light heavyweight champion was certainly not at a loss for words about where he stands in the UFC’s 205-lb. pecking order. Tito told the Edmonton Sun that since he lost his rematch to Chuck Liddell, he feels that the UFC no longer values him as championship material…

"When I lost to Chuck Liddell I took a step down. When I fought Rashad (Evans) I thought I won the fight. It was supposed to happen again, but it ain't happening. I looked at a thing on UFC.tv and it said the light heavyweights are Rashad vs. (Michael) Bisping* and there were others that were contenders, but my picture wasn't on it."

Maybe it’s me, but wasn’t it Tito who elected not to sign an agreement for a rematch with Evans for UFC 78?
Either way, Tito says he’s still gunning for championship glory…

"They (the UFC) are just trying to hold on and make sure the fighters don't get more powerful. I am going to work to get the right fights and that belt will be around my waist."

Ortiz announced in a recent press release that he plans to return to action early next year, and according to the Edmonton Sun article, Ortiz hopes to fight the winner of Evans vs. Bisping.


*The article cites Evans’ UFC 78 opponent as Michael Bisby, which isn't too far off phonetically, but I went ahead and made the correction.

No comments: