Friday, October 5, 2007

Cage Fury FC 6 Called Off




The following message from CFFC president Felix Martinez was posted this afternoon on the official site of Cage Fury Fighting Championship:

It is with deep regret that I have to announce the cancellation of Cage Fury’s Oct. 12 event. I did everything in my power to make this show happen for the fighters and the fans. However, I could not overcome the loss of a major investor for this show who decided to pull out at the last moment. With the loss of this investor, I cannot proceed with another first-class event. It has always been my intention to provide the best combative sport entertainment that I could. I am very sorry for having to cancel this event and sincerely apologize to all the fighters, the fans, and our dedicated staff.

Headlining the event was a match between Kimbo Slice and Tank Abbott, which I was looking forward to. Other notables scheduled for the card were Ricardo Almeida, Dennis Hallman, Marcio Cruz, Chris Liguori, kickboxing icon Duke Roufus, and Derek Panza.

No comments: